It’s Saturday and I have been snuggled up on the couch for approximately 5 hours now. Well, I did get up for a couple of meals, but planted myself right back where I started after the food was consumed. Eventually I will have to shower and actually get dressed, but for now… lazy I will be!
1. I’m still loving every single thing about having Joelle at my school each day. This week we had a little extra time together since I had the short after-school duty. We had several little girl talks and were able to catch up before hurrying out the door. I am cherishing these moments!!! On a sidenote- I only fixed my hair once last week. I wore far too many ponytails with a bang bump. It’s time to wake up a little earlier!
2. Speaking of Joelle… this happened. “If I were a teacher for the day I would shake my booty in (front of) the whole class.”
and she would… she really would!
3. AND, Joelle and I have become obsessed with this cute cockapoo on Instagram. I’m fairly certain I need Charley to come live with me ASAP. I even have matching green sunglasses. #meanttobe
4. Now let’s talk about actual classroom happenings. We are regrouping like crazy. I used some of my new dice from Amazon with my kiddos this week. They loved rolling numbers before adding!
I also used THIS freebie as a Regrouping challenge on Friday. There are 30 problems that I posted around the room. I gave my kiddos about 30 minutes to complete the problems. Anyone who completed them ON TIME and CORRECTLY received a small prize from me. I had so many students who were thisclose but only 4 out of 41 that were victorious! They were so excited to take on a challenge and worked like little busy bees! They asked if we could do something similar every Friday… sure thing, kiddos!
And, I know that I said I WOULD NOT be videoing this regrouping chant, but apparently I lied…
5. This week we finished up our Penguin Math Stations. This little friend’s partner moved to a different homeroom, so he got to work with me. He soon found out that having me as a partner would help him get his work finished speedy quick! Turns out I’m not as much of a distraction as a 7/8 year old 😉
Okay, now I must shower. Y’all have a great weekend!
You know it’s May when you only have yellow and orange starbursts left 🤣🤣🤣. The temptation for me to eat them is officially gone... mostly because I finished up the red and pinks yesterday 🤷♀️. #yougetwhatyouget #sorrykids #betterlucknextyear ... See MoreSee Less
Do you ever need to justify what you are using in your classroom? We compiled this document so that teachers and administrators can know what Rooted in Reading is all about. We surveyed 500 teachers and received some incredible feedback! You can find that all here: